Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team and contribute to the discovery, preclinical and clinical development of innovative immune-modulating therapeutics. This position is responsible for devising, implementing, and leading strategies to characterize the toxicologic properties of potential drug candidates, playing a critical role in advancing molecules through all stages of drug discovery and development. The successful candidate will make key contributions to regulatory filings and in determining clinical dose levels for initial clinical trials. Selected individual must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. This position is preferably based in Seattle, but can be performed remotely for the right candidate.
- Serve as the Development Sciences/Toxicology Lead on multiple discovery and/or development teams, guiding characterization of safety properties of novel biologics to support decision-making and the advancement of preclinical programs and clinical drug candidates.
- Lead the formulation of program toxicology strategies and the design and conduct of exploratory, non-GLP, and GLP toxicology studies; interpret and report study results in the context of mechanisms of action or toxicity, dose- and exposure-response relationships, and the impact to predicted safety margins or therapeutic indices for putative drug candidates.
- Author study reports and relevant sections of key documents supporting regulatory submissions (e.g., INDs)
- Interpret, summarize and present data to internal project teams, senior management, and external partners/organizations.
- Ph.D. in toxicology or a related field and 6+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience
- Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology (or equivalent) preferred
- Title will be commensurate with experience
- Experience as the toxicology representative on drug discovery and development project teams, leading the design and conduct of toxicity studies to enable program decision-making and advancement
- Experience with biologics and/or oncology programs strongly preferred
- Experience leading toxicology strategy for late-stage programs (e.g. pivotal trial design, NDA/MAA filings) a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific acumen, with a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate (orally and in writing) complex toxicology study results and their impact to program and regulatory strategy
- Experience writing study reports and regulatory documents (e.g. GLP study reports, IND sections)
- A strong team player with a passion for science and helping discover and develop therapies for unmet medical needs
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.