Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation, and oversight of in vivo pharmacology and mechanism of action studies for the development of immuno-modulatory therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge and hands-on experience with mouse models of cancer and/or fibrosis and ex vivo analysis of immune function.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, pathology, pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience after degree completion. Industry experience preferred.
- Experience supervising others and leading scientific teams.
- Strong conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular immunology, immune-oncology, and/or fibrosis.
- Demonstrated track record in advancing a project or program from concept to the next scientific milestone.
- Strong ability to design, develop, and implement novel in vivo models of syngeneic or xenograft tumor models and/or fibrosis.
- Experience performing in vivo mechanism of action and efficacy studies for the development of immuno-modulatory therapeutics.
- Experience developing and performing ex vivo pharmacodynamic and immune monitoring assays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, immuno-oncology and/or oncology is strongly preferred.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.