Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company focused on cancer immunotherapy, is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be a skilled analytical scientist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, execution, and trouble-shooting of bioanalytical methods for the development of immune-modulatory therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge of in vitro assays used to characterize the pharmacokinetics, toxicokinetics, and anti-drug antibodies of large molecules within a variety of nonclinical matrices. Expertise in method development for use in nonclinical studies, and an ability to work within accepted guidelines for assay qualification and validation is required. This position will have responsibilities within the nonclinical department and is a critical contributor to lead and pipeline development efforts.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS or MS with and a degree in biology, pharmacology, immunology or a related field. BS with 6+ years, MS with 3+ years of experience working in a biotech and/or CRO setting is preferred. Strong track record in the successful design and optimization of robust assays for detection of large molecules.
- Expertise with ELISA, MSD-based assays, cytokine measurements, and cell culture techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to develop methods for bioanalysis of novel molecules and custom biomarkers.
- Extensive experience in analyzing PD and PK samples and reporting results for analysis.
- Previous experience interacting with CROs preferred; familiarity with qualifying/validating methods for CRO transfer.
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-functional collaboration.
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong oral presentation and written skills.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies that are systemically delivered but locally active, and target fundamental disease pathways. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.