Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company focused on immunotherapy, is seeking a highly-motivated laboratory scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. This position will play a key role in the assessment of therapeutic efficacy and MoA using a variety of in vivo immuno-oncology and fibrosis models. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- BS or MS degree in biological sciences, or a related degree with 3-5 years of research experience.
- Hands-on in vivo experience particularly in the areas of conducting syngeneic and xenograft tumor models and/or mouse models of fibrosis.
- Experience performing ELISAs, flow cytometry, and mammalian tissue culture is desired but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, and/or fibrosis is preferred but not required.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.