Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology focused on cancer immunotherapy, is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to join our protein engineering group.
Primary responsibilities include the generation of transient and stable cell lines and mammalian cell-based protein production to support research. In this role, the successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of cancer immunotherapeutics. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- BS degree in cell biology, biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 2+ years of experience working in biotech/pharma or an academic environment.
- Highly skilled in mammalian cell culture, including cell passaging and supernatant harvesting at research scale.
- Experience with transient/stable mammalian cell transfections and basic molecular biology.
- Previous experience conducting standard protein binding assays (ELISA, cell binding).
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and keep accurate records.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.