Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly-motivated person to join our protein engineering group. Primary responsibilities will include engineering protein and testing protein activities in a wide range of assays. In this role, the successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of cancer immunotherapeutics. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Design, modify and clone DNA constructs for expression in mammalian expression systems.
- Perform antibody variable region sequencing and analysis.
- Develop in vitro assays such as biophysical assays and ELISAs suitable for characterizing drug candidates.
- Design and conduct experiments under limited supervision.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data and effectively communicate results in team meetings.
- Collaborate with scientific colleagues across functional disciplines and departments.
- BS or MS degree in biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in biotech/pharma or an academic environment
- Excellent molecular biology skill with experience in DNA cloning
- Experience in assay development for use in binding and activities measurement
- Experience in transient/stable cell transfection is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to independently design experiments and analyze data
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills are required
- A pro-active, problem-solving, collaborative and goal-oriented mindset
- Proven ability to communicate experimental procedures and results through project and group team meetings
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biopharmaceutical company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class ImmunoTAC™ therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Enabled by the company’s proprietary platform, Silverback’s pipeline is rapidly advancing towards clinical studies in several therapeutic areas, including oncology and fibrosis. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.