Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company focused on cancer immunotherapy, is seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly-proficient analytical scientist with hands-on experience developing, qualifying and transferring cell-based bioassays for measurement of potency of protein biologics or ADCs to support GMP manufacturing. A broad expertise with product characterization, lot release and stability testing is required. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of assay development, sample analysis, and eventual transfer of methods to CROs and monitoring the assay performance at CROs. This position will have responsibilities in the CMC department and is a critical contributor to both lead and pipeline development efforts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- PhD with a degree in biology, pharmacology, immunology or a related field. Eight (8+) years of experience working in a biotech and/or CRO setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, qualify and transfer robust bioassay methods for novel large molecules to support product release, characterization and stability testing.
- Prior experience with clinical stage drug development, authoring/reviewing technical reports and CMC sections for IND and other regulatory filings in the area of bioassays.
- Command of ELISA, AlphaLISA, signaling and reporter cell line-based assays, and cell culture techniques.
- Previous experience interacting with CROs and qualifying methods for CRO transfer.
- Demonstrated excellence in clear cross-functional collaboration and communication in team settings.
- A deep knowledge of potential challenges and appropriate requirements for analytical projects across discovery and preclinical development.
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong oral presentation and written skills.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.