Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company, is seeking an Office Manager to join our team. The Office Manager will provide a wide variety of administrative support to Silverback staff including coordination of facility services, management of lab purchasing activities and operations, and performing general office administrative functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage front-desk duties, including greeting and assisting visitors, handling phone calls, inquiries, and courier packages.
- Schedule meetings with internal and external groups as needed, coordinating availability of all attendees.
- Participate in recruiting efforts by working with HR to schedule interviews, coordinate interview schedules, and host candidates.
- Coordinate work space/equipment onboarding activities for new hires and administer company parking/transit benefit.
- Coordinate and manage a variety of company events and activities.
- Coordinate with IT to resolve computer and other technical issues.
- Act as focal point for purchasing activities and shipping/receiving.
- Set up and maintain vendor service contract files. Manage contracted services for offices and labs.
- Manage conference room spaces and equipment, online conferencing, troubleshooting, and catering as required.
- Maintain general lab/office/kitchen supplies. Replenish supplies in a proactive manner.
- Troubleshoot issues with office/lab utilities and liaise with property management.
- Assign employee safety training courses and maintain training records.
- Create and file expense reports according to expense policy.
- Arrange for business-related travel in accordance with travel policy as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years previous experience working within an administrative capacity. Prefer candidate with a degree or certificate/diploma in a business or administrative program or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive, and highly organized, with the ability to work autonomously and prioritize workload.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written, communication, and organizational skills, and good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, make administrative decisions, exercise sound judgment, and multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate level of discretion and care.
- Experience working in a biotechnology company preferred.
- Knowledge of scientific/technical terminology helpful.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.