Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based pharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated scientific leader to join our team and contribute to the preclinical and clinical development of innovative immune-modulating therapeutics. This position is responsible for devising and leading the implementation of biomarker and diagnostic strategies across Silverback’s drug development programs, guiding the characterization of pharmacology in clinical trials and the assessment of potential correlates of response to our novel drug candidates.
- Independently formulate translational strategies for the discovery, development and implementation of biomarkers in clinical trials that demonstrate pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic effects, characterize dose-response relationships, and evaluate patient or disease factors that correlate with therapeutic response
- Lead and collaborate on cross-functional teams (e.g., with clinical development, clinical operations, bioanalytical scientists, external partners) to ensure successful operational execution of biomarker plans
- Establish, as appropriate, internal biomarker capabilities and outsourcing of biomarker assays, leading these efforts across development programs
- Author relevant sections of regulatory documents (e.g., INDs, briefing documents)
- Communicate data and strategies effectively to internal project teams, senior management, and external partners/organizations
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology or a related field and 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience, with an extensive portion supporting oncology and/or immuno-oncology programs; title will be commensurate with experience
- Deep understanding of and experience in translating disease biology and the pharmacology of immuno-oncology agents into clinical biomarker strategies that efficiently address key questions during clinical development and impact clinical decision-making
- Extensive experience applying established and state of the art molecular, cellular, and imaging technologies (e.g., immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, gene expression and proteomic assays) in clinical trials to demonstrate drug pharmacology and inform patient selection strategies
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific acumen, with a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate (orally and in writing) complex biomarker data and the impact to program and regulatory strategy
Silverback Therapeutics™ is a privately held biopharmaceutical company advancing a pipeline of therapies that are systemically delivered but locally active and target fundamental disease pathways. Silverback’s ImmunoTAC™ platform enables innovative therapeutic approaches to oncology, virology and fibrotic diseases. Silverback’s lead candidate, SBT6050, is comprised of a potent TLR8 agonist conjugated to a HER2-directed monoclonal antibody, designed for systemic delivery with tumor-localized activation of myeloid cells. Clinical investigation of SBT6050 is expected to begin in 2020. Silverback was founded in 2016. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.