Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to oversee the preclinical biology, bioinformatics, and protein engineering functional areas and leading the development and implementation of research strategies across the company’s drug development programs. This key leadership role in the organization reports directly to the President & Chief Scientific Officer. The ideal candidate will provide leadership to enable preclinical and clinical development of innovative immune-modulating therapeutics, including oversight of target identification, lead optimization and selection strategies, and demonstration of proof-of-concept. In addition, the candidate will represent the company at BOD and external-facing meetings. This position is preferably based in Seattle, but flexible for the right candidate.
- Lead target identification and the advancement of a portfolio of novel drug development programs, overseeing planning, setting goals and priorities, guiding experimentation, and managing team leaders in alignment with company strategy.
- Internal immune-biology/biology expert and drug-hunter. Applies these dual areas of expertise to develop drug candidates with a clear, differentiated scientific rationale.
- Deep, broad technical expertise as relates to preclinical in vitro and in vivo systems and read-outs.
- Conduct programs and ensure the highest level of scientific rigor across the team to discover, develop and test candidate therapeutics quickly and convincingly, making scientifically sound decisions at each decision point and strategically deploying resources to support organizational goals.
- Manage key relationships and communicate effectively with partners across the company, including clinical development, chemistry, and development sciences, to influence strategy, guide research, make decisions, and efficiently manage resources.
- Develop and manage external collaborations and partnerships, including scientific advisors, academic organizations, vendors, and other partner industry organizations.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and regulatory documents for submission to health authorities.
- Proactively anticipate obstacles and devises and implement solutions to achieve project goals through management of relevant team members.
- Hire, develop, coach, and manage performance of team of scientific and technical staff, including director and senior director level leaders.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or related scientific field and 15+ years of progressive preclinical research and development experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry required.
- Deep expertise in Immuno-oncology and Immunology is a must with a clear track record in the successful preclinical and clinical development of immune-modulatory therapeutics.
- 8+ years of team management experience including director-level direct reports and scientists.
- Deep experience in initiating and progressing projects from discovery to Phase I as evidenced by contributions to programs that have advanced into clinical development.
- Detailed understanding of in vitro/in vivo pharmacology systems, ability to get into the weeds to ensure project progression.
- Advanced understanding of preclinical research and the drug development and regulatory process.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.