Silverback Therapeutics, Inc., a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting & Finance Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the disbursement cycle and related accounts payable systems. This role is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, expense report administration and aspects of month end and quarter end close. Responsibilities will also include monthly credit card reconciliation, and vendor maintenance.
The ideal candidate for this position is customer service focused, detail-oriented, and a team player and can work independently. It will be essential to work easily with other departments to build knowledge and trust.
- Responsible for processing and/or reviewing invoices for accurate account classifications; match original invoices with purchase orders; verify receipt of goods or services; resolve discrepancies and impute use tax as appropriate.
- Review all invoices and payment requests for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements. Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices.
- Process payments, wire transfer, ACH payments and ensure accuracy and completion of all electronic payments by due date. Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process.
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
- Serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to resolve invoice issues and make process improvements.
- Assist with month end accrual process and prepare related journal entries.
- Assist with selection, implementation and administer expense reporting system.
- Assist with ERP system implementation and testing.
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card.
- Performs other accounting tasks and job-related duties as assigned.
- A BS or BA in Accounting and minimum 5 years work-related experience is preferred. Candidates with an AA degree and equivalent accounting work experience will be considered.
- Experience with Expense Reporting systems and their implementation is required
- Experience in biotechnology, high-tech, or related field a plus.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to determine and/or review invoices for complex account classifications, approvals, and supporting documentation and to resolve any issues in documentation and contractual requirements with the appropriate department.
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles and practices; use/sales tax, 1099 reporting, and general ledger reconciliation.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to research uncommon issues around coding and payments and respond quickly to inside and outside customers.
- Strong, accurate data entry skills.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Work independently with an appropriate level of supervision.
- MS Office experience required, advanced excel skills a plus.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a desire to be challenged in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting and carrying.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.