Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join the In Vivo Biology team. The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist who will be involved in the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation of in vivo pharmacology and mechanism of action studies for the development of immuno-modulatory therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge and hands-on experience with mouse models of cancer and/or fibrosis and ex vivo analysis of immune function.
- Provide scientific support for preclinical programs, including project initiation and definition of project strategy to preclinical proof-of-concept and lead selection.
- Develop and implement novel in vivo models including efficacy, ex vivo pharmacodynamic and immune monitoring assays.
- Collaborate and contribute to multidisciplinary teams in the progression of multiple projects.
- Represent the team/company at project meetings, scientific conferences, and internal meetings with senior management.
- Involved in writing study reports and other documents to contribute to regulatory documents and associated materials.
- Supervise or mentor junior staff within the team.
- PhD in immunology, pharmacology or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in drug discovery in the therapeutic areas of immunology and/or inflammatory diseases in a biotechnology setting.
- Deep conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular immunology, immune-oncology, and/or fibrosis.
- Strong ability to design, develop and implement novel in vivo models of fibrosis and/or syngeneic or xenograft tumor models.
- Experience performing in vivo mechanism of action and efficacy studies for the development of immune-modulatory therapeutics.
- Experience developing and performing ex vivo pharmacodynamic and immune monitoring assays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in a clear manner (orally and in writing).
- Experience supervising others is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.