Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated medicinal chemist to join our Chemistry team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Primary responsibilities include the coordination and implementation of the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules. This role would include participating in chemistry efforts at CROs as well as chemistry efforts internally. The successful candidate will be skilled in the interpretation of data to help inform their strategy and decision making and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of new therapies.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the discovery of novel drug candidates.
- Applies the principles and techniques of chemistry to potential inventions, products, and problems.
- Independently plans, executes, and proposes experiments that support project goals.
- Demonstrates advanced level of understanding of project goals and methods.
- Designs new experiments to advance scientific knowledge of drug substances or techniques to identify such substances.
- May advise Research Associates, other Scientists, or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation, considering economic and safety factors.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work in a fully independent manner.
- Independently writes technical reports and technical presentations within area of expertise.
- Works independently and determines methods and techniques on new or difficult assignments.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires comprehensive evaluation of many factors.
- Serves as an area expert with notable technical depth for projects and for other employees.
- Maintains high level of expertise through familiarity with relevant scientific and technical literature and applies it appropriately to research projects.
- Thinks critically and creatively and generates ideas and executes those ideas to positively impact project goals.
- Uses strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate objectives and results.
- Identifies and validates targets, and advances the development of economical, state-of-the art techniques to develop, produce and/or characterize materials or tools for the discovery and development of new therapeutic agents.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the research direction that supports Company interests.
- Uses technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others to suggest experimental design and research strategy.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- PhD in Chemistry with 5-10 years of relevant experience, or an MS degree with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Require expertise in Organic Chemistry with an emphasis on Medicinal Chemistry small molecule optimization.
- Strong synthetic skills and a solid knowledge of modern organic synthesis techniques.
- Excellent track record and a commitment to tackling drug discovery challenges through organic synthesis.
- Excellent leadership, communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills and experience.
- ADC experience preferred but not a must-have.
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in leading scientific teams and working in a matrix environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and collaborative environment.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.