Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to join our Bioconjugate Chemistry team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Primary responsibilities include the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel drug-protein conjugates. This role will be responsible for the preparation, purification, and characterization of all materials, maintaining clear and current records of their work within a laboratory notebook and performing all applicable analytical work. The successful candidate will be skilled in the interpretation of data to help inform their strategy and decision making and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of new therapies.
- Perform development and optimization of bioconjugation processes through the application established and state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Maintain thorough documentation of experimental procedures, writing of reports and technical documents.
- Represent the Bioconjugate Chemistry function on project teams, contribute knowledge of the field to define project strategy and contribute to IP filings.
- Maintain a safe, pleasant, and efficient working environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, protein chemistry or related discipline with a minimum 2+ years of relevant post-doctoral or industrial experience, or an MS with a minimum 12+ years of related technical experience including experience in bioconjugation chemistry. Experience in the synthesis of small molecules would complement an existing skillset.
- Candidate must possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate a thorough understanding of protein chemistry, protein handling, purification, and characterization.
- Candidate must demonstrate hands-on technical proficiency in preparative bioconjugation as well as analytical techniques including hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), size exclusion chromatography (SEC), liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS), ion-exchange (IEX), and reversed phase (RP)-HPLC.
- Candidate should have hands-on experience and comfort working with AKTA FPLCs.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of common preparative purification techniques including FPLC, gel filtration and TFF (UFDF).
- The ability to plan and perform bioconjugation processes on milligram to gram scale; strong laboratory bench skills are required.
- Must maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting and demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- The candidate must be able to independently prioritize own work assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to perform assigned tasks through rigorous data collection and application of various analytical techniques in the laboratory.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.