Senior Research Associate, In Vivo Biology
Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to join our Biology team. The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics and will have hands-on experience with immune-oncology models and a basic knowledge of immunology. This position will play a key role in the assessment of therapeutic efficacy and mechanism of action using a variety of in vivo immuno-oncology and fibrosis models.
- Perform studies to assess therapeutic efficacy using a variety of in vivo immuno-oncology and fibrosis models utilizing hands-on techniques in the vivarium.
- Execute ex vivo pharmacodynamic and immune monitoring assays including flow cytometry, RNA isolation and qPCR.
- Involved in research activities to contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of multiple projects.
- Present research data at internal meetings and contribute to study reports, external presentations, and other documentation.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- BS or MS degree in biological sciences, or a related degree with 3-5 years of research experience.
- Hands-on in vivo experience particularly in the areas of conducting syngeneic and xenograft tumor models and/or mouse models of fibrosis.
- Experience performing flow cytometry, mammalian tissue culture and ELISAs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, and/or fibrosis is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-functional collaboration.
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.