Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be a skilled analytical scientist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, execution, and troubleshooting of bioanalytical methods for the development of immune-modulatory therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge of in vitro assays including pharmacokinetic and anti-drug antibody assays for large molecules within a variety of nonclinical matrices. Expertise in method development for use in nonclinical studies, and an ability to work within accepted guidelines for assay qualification and validation would be preferred. This position will include approximately 80% bench time and have responsibilities within the nonclinical department and is a critical contributor to lead and pipeline development efforts.
- BS with a degree in biology, pharmacology, immunology, or a related field. BS 6+ years, of experience working in a biotech and/or CRO setting is preferred. Strong track record in the successful design and optimization of robust assays for detection of large molecules.
- Expertise with ELISA, MSD-based assays, cytokine measurements, and cell culture techniques.
- Experience with protein/antibody labeling and quantification.
- Demonstrated ability to develop methods for bioanalysis of novel molecules.
- Experience with analysis of biomarkers would be ideal.
- Experience in analyzing ADA and PK samples and reporting results.
- Previous experience interacting with CROs and familiarity with qualifying/validating methods is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in cross-functional collaboration.
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong oral presentation and written skills, including maintaining laboratory notebooks.
- Experience with Excel, pivot tables, Discovery workbench and SoftMax Pro software preferred.
- Individual motivated to learn and expand on their current skill set.
- Receipt, organization, and tracking of clinical and non-clinical samples and reagents.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.