Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a Senior Manager of Site Operations to join our team. The Senior Manager of Site Operations is responsible for the general management of critical equipment, systems, and lab and office infrastructure. The Senior Manager of Site Operations will also be responsible for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs and compliance.
- Directs Silverback Site Operations team and vendors, including security and key service providers.
- Responsible for occupancy planning and plans execution working closely with space allocation committee to ensure a safe, adequate, and ergonomic workspace for employees.
- Develops and implements Site Operations and EHS strategies and policies in collaboration with Leadership and the People Team.
- Responsible for ensuring facilities can support critical business activities including business continuity measures and compliance with all requirements local, state and US requirements.
- In partnership with Human Resources, oversees parking and transportation program, building access, and amenities.
- Manages Shipping and Receiving protocol and inventory control methods to keep lab and office operations timely and effective.
- Provides managerial, strategic, and tactical leadership for operations team.
- Drives Site Operations initiatives such as savings programs, benchmarking, best practices and continuous improvement.
Site Lab Services
- Directs Site Lab activities and is responsible for the installation, validation and management of critical equipment, systems and lab infrastructure. Manages lab notebook repository and maintenance.
- Site Lab Services is always on call to ensure critical equipment, systems and infrastructure are online outside of scheduled preventative maintenance or repairs.
- As R&D and production labs expand and build new capabilities, the scope of the Site Lab Services may increase requiring team build-out and training.
- Ensures OSHA and other regulatory compliance (environmental, health & security) in facilities and coordinates inspections.
- Manages agency inspections and prepares deliverables for the response to inspection reports.
- Ensures employee safety training courses are completed and training records are maintained.
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Directs development of EHS strategies, programs and audits ensuring compliance.
- Acts as a visible EHS advocate, playing a pivotal role in building the influence and impact of EHS as a strategic partner in risk decisions.
- Provides technical and regulatory expertise to senior leaders to ensure that sites comply with applicable laws, conform to company standards, and utilize best industry practices to manage safety risks to people, property, and the environment.
- Directs continued timely, accurate and relevant reporting of EHS data to enable business decisions within their business area(s). Ensures delivery to KPIs/metrics and cost efficiencies with Service Providers.
- May be required to serve as a Safety Officer during disaster/emergency response and recovery efforts. May be required to serve as EHS Advisor (technical expert) for the emergency response team during company-related emergencies.
- Coaches, develops, and leads a team of technical subject matter experts and generalist EHS professionals, including employees, service providers, consultants and contractors.
- Maintains Company OSHA/EPA hazardous waste records.
- Builds and manages a high-performing team.
- Serves as mentor and coach for the team as they interface with stakeholders on programs and projects and development plans that enable people to grow and succeed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree with minimum 10 years relevant experience, preferably with a biopharmaceutical company, including 2 years of experience managing direct reports and 5 years of experience managing Site Operations and Lab Services functional areas.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and proven experience leading teams are essential, as is proven experience effectively interacting across all groups and stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with employees and outside contacts in a professional and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, make administrative decisions, exercise sound judgment, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presence and communication skills are essential. Ability to clearly articulate services and programs in a way that resonate with key stakeholders. Ability to frame and deliver communications at the executive level, including effective use of insights from data to influence and inspire people to care.
- Ideally brings a generalist perspective from multiple experiences in various regulated environments.
- In-depth understanding of OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, FDA and other regulatory requirements is required.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.