Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and collaborative laboratory scientist to join our Protein Engineering team in the Cell Science function. Primary responsibilities include recombinant protein expression in mammalian systems and research cell line generation. This role will be responsible for performing small-scale and large-scale expression of recombinant protein in transient and stable CHO expression systems and generating research cell lines. The successful candidate should have extensive experience with cell line generation and cell-based assays and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a fast-past, multidisciplinary team environment dedicated to the development of new therapies.
- Major job responsibilities are focused on recombinant protein expression including antibodies, antigen and fusion proteins in mammalian systems, research cell line generation for preclinical studies and binding assays such as ELISA and FACS.
- Maintain thorough documentation of experimental procedures, writing of reports and technical documents. Prepare assay protocols and reports for internal use and in support of IND filings.
- Maintain a safe, pleasant, and efficient working environment.
- Regular communication and presentation of experimental results at project team meetings.
- Manage and contribute to day-to-day operations of the Protein Engineering group and equipment maintenance in the lab.
- BS degree in biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 10+ years of experience or MS with minimum 8+ years working in biotech/pharma or an academic environment. Relevant laboratory-based experience in the biotech industry is required.
- Hands on experience with ExpiCHO transient expression system and CHOZN stable expression system.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in protein expression, research cell line generation and cell binding characterization required.
- Strong technical skills with mammalian tissue culture, clone selection procedure, cell sorting, flow cytometry and ELISA based assays required.
- Experience with large scale protein production (wave bioreactor) and different transfection technologies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team-based environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong communication, organization, record keeping, time management, problem-solving, written, and oral presentation skills with attention to detail.
- Strong scientific documentation skills to support the writing of assay protocols and technical reports for internal documents and regulatory filings.
- Flexible, results oriented and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, timeline-driven environment.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.