Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Bioinformatics team and contribute to the discovery and development of innovative immune-modulating therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design and analysis of genomic experiments in support of discovery, preclinical and clinical programs and the development of integrated systems and datasets across functional areas. The successful candidate will be skilled in the interpretation of high-content biological data and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of new therapies. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Design and analyze experiments utilizing genomic data to support ongoing clinical trials and preclinical programs
- Develop and execute approaches and associated computational tools for the analysis of patient biopsy transcriptomic datasets
- Collaborate with members of our Biomarkers team on the development of computational approaches for the integration and analysis of complex exploratory data from clinical subjects
- Collaborate with members of our Biology team on the analysis of in vitro and in vivo datasets
- Collaborate with research and translational team members on the identification and evaluation of new technologies and approaches for high-content data generation and analysis
- Analyze public and proprietary expression databases to assist in the development of new therapeutic programs
- Assist in the development of cross-functional databases and analytical systems to integrate laboratory data across Silverback research and translational programs
- Serve as the informatics lead for our Electronic Laboratory Notebook and LIMS systems
- Interpret, summarize, and present data for the team to internal project teams, senior management, and outside stakeholders, translating complex ideas into relevant and intuitive explanations
- Author scientific reports, and present methods, results, and conclusions to publishable standard
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline with 10+ years of relevant experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical drug discovery industry
- Expertise in the computational analysis of RNA and DNA datasets from various technologies (RNA-Seq, single-cell RNA-Seq, Nanostring) in a pharmaceutical setting
- Familiarity with and facility in retrieving data from public RNA and DNA databases
- Expertise in the design and statistical analysis of experiments and experimental data
- Proficiency in the utilization of statistical and computational software environments to process and analyze data (R, Python); Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Understanding of good software design practices and experience with package development and collaborative software development in above environments is also required
- Facilitation with the development of databases and data systems to integrate and analyze data from disparate domains
- Excellent leadership, communication (both oral and written) skills, and interpersonal skills and experience
- Experience with and comfortable working in a dynamic, matrixed environment
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.