Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join the Preclinical Biology team. The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist and provide leadership and oversight in the execution of studies that directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge and hands-on experience with mouse models for oncology and/or inflammatory diseases and ex vivo analysis of immune function. A strong track record of previous scientific contributions resulting in program progression and demonstrated ability in successfully managing others is required.
- Provide scientific leadership for preclinical programs, including project initiation and definition of project strategy to preclinical proof-of-concept and lead selection.
- Design, oversee and execute preclinical efficacy and PK/PD studies that result in project progression.
- Oversee external preclinical studies at contract research organizations.
- Represent the company/program teams at scientific conferences and in internal meetings with senior management.
- Contribute to regulatory documents and associated materials.
- Manage and develop a team of scientists at different career development stages.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology or a related field and a minimum of 10+ years’ progressive experience in drug discovery in the therapeutic areas of immunology and/or inflammatory diseases in a biotechnology setting.
- Track record of successful initiation, execution, and advancement of preclinical research programs.
- Deep conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular immunology, immune-oncology, and/or fibrosis.
- Strong ability to design, develop and implement novel in vivo models of syngeneic or xenograft tumor models and/or inflammatory diseases.
- Experience developing and performing ex vivo pharmacodynamic and immune monitoring assays (e.g., multi-parameter flow cytometry and cytokine analysis).
- Experience supervising others and leading scientific teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in a clear manner (orally and in writing).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.