Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual to join the to join the Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist and provide leadership and oversight in the execution of studies that directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge and hands-on experience of in vitro assays for oncology and/or inflammatory diseases. A strong track record of previous scientific contributions resulting in program progression and demonstrated ability in successfully managing others is required.
- Provide scientific leadership and execution for one or more discovery programs including developing strategies for target identification and extension of preclinical proof-of-concept and lead selection.
- Design, oversee, and execute experimental plans for human and mouse in vitro assays that progress the project forward.
- Collaborate and contribute to multidisciplinary teams in the progression of discovery candidates.
- Represent the company/program teams at scientific conferences and in internal meetings with senior management.
- Contribute to regulatory documents and associated materials.
- Manage and mentor scientists for scientific development within the team.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology or a related field and a minimum of 10+ years’ progressive experience in drug discovery in the therapeutic areas of immunology and/or inflammatory diseases in a biotechnology setting.
- Demonstrate a track record in advancing a project or program from concept to the next scientific milestone.
- Broad conceptual experience in the design of human and mouse in vitro assays for the development of immune-modulating therapeutics.
- Experience in supervising others, leading scientific teams and working in a matrix environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner (orally and in writing).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.