Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated Human Resources Manager/Senior Manager to work with the Vice President, Human Resources in building scalable HR strategies, processes, and programs. Bringing a strong generalist background, the Human Resources Manager/Senior Manager will support day-to-day HR activities and will drive talent programs and services that support the organization’s growth strategy. This position will be a strategic advisor to leadership and will cultivate relationships across the organization to ensure HR is supporting the needs of the business. From onboarding, career development, employee engagement, and performance management, the Human Resources Manager/Senior Manager will join the HR team in supporting the culture of Silverback Therapeutics.
- Provide leadership and expertise for organizational effectiveness and change.
- Define and oversee the performance management program including annual calibration, succession planning and people development processes.
- Develop the competencies that contribute to successful performance and engagement and ensure integration through the employee life cycle (i.e., selection for hiring and promotion, learning and career development, performance management, succession, and talent planning).
- Partner with Total Rewards in supporting compensation, promotion, and development processes as well as benefits programs that support the health and well-being of employees.
- Build and evaluate HR programs that support a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Lead HR operations including the implementation of the HRIS and other technology to streamline the HR function.
- Act at culture steward for the organization, proactively engaging employees and communicating HR related information so employees feel informed.
- Partner with leadership in resolving employee relations concerns, provide coaching, and conduct investigations if needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of changing employment regulations and implement policies, procedures, and systems enhancements as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement training and development programs, including leadership development programs.
- Prepare compensation and benefits related documentation for payroll processing; coordinate with Payroll on matters affecting pay and benefits.
- May interview candidates, assist hiring managers with selection of candidates, and facilitate interview team debriefing meetings.
- Proactively benchmark industry best practices and trends, share findings, make recommendations that support organizational needs.
- Establish metrics to report on programs and initiatives, employee participation and effectively communicate their impact to the organization.
- Select, oversee, and evaluate vendors as needed.
- BS/BA degree with 8+ years of related human resources experience in a growth environment, preferably in Biotech/Pharmaceutical and/or High-Tech. HR Certification a plus.
- Proven success designing, implementing, and managing talent management programs in a small to mid-size organization.
- Experience administering full employee lifecycle from hire to separation; performance management, talent calibration, employee relations, and learning and development.
- Strong project management skills, process improvement, ability to prioritize, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven experience using and implementing HRIS and tools; highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- In-depth understanding of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent people, influencing, problem solving and facilitation skills with experience establishing credibility and strong working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Utilizes feedback and data to evaluate and make recommendations.
- Passionate about developing and implementing diversity, equity and inclusion programs, training, and initiatives to support an inclusive culture.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.