Silverback Therapeutics, Inc., a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will support the accurate and timely preparation of public company financial statements, develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, controls, and systems, perform contract analysis for accounting implications, and support a broad range of accounting operation activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, regulations and corporate policies. This role will report to the Director of Finance and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Finance, the Controller, and cross-functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Supports the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Collaborates within the finance department and with others throughout the organization in the design and implementation of internal control over financial reporting at a recently public company.
- Reviews contracts including clinical and R&D agreements and evaluates for proper accounting treatment.
- Supports the reporting and analysis of equity-based transactions including the calculation of stock-based compensation.
- Participates in the monthly financial close process ensuring accounts assigned are properly recorded, preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, and report preparation.
- Supports quarterly reviews and annual audits including providing supporting documentation and following up on questions as needed.
- Participates in finance and accounting projects including implementation of accounting software systems.
- May oversee the work of more junior roles in the accounting team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance (or equivalent).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of in-house accounting experience at a public company and/or public accounting experience is required.
- Biotech/pharma or high-tech industry experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 is required.
- Experience with large-scale Enterprise Software systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Requires the ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Experience with tight deadlines and responsibility for accuracy and timeliness are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others as well as independently.
- Able to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Able to perform light to moderate lifting and carrying.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.