Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to join our Bioconjugate Chemistry team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Primary responsibilities include contributing to the strategic direction of bioconjugation at Silverback, identifying/implementing new technologies and the ability to apply creative solutions to technical challenges. This individual will act as a mentor and coach to both junior and scientific colleagues. The role will include hands on lab work including the design and execution of experiments to further bioconjugates applicable to Silverback programs. The successful candidate will be skilled in the interpretation of data to help inform strategy and decision making and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of new therapies.
- Executes or directs the preparation of bioconjugates internally, or effectively manages external resources.
- Identifies and implements novel and state of the art technologies applicable to Silverback programs.
- Responsible for the preparation, purification and characterization of novel bioconjugates in support of Silverback programs, maintaining clear and current records of the work and performing all applicable analytical work.
- Represent the Bioconjugate Chemistry function on project teams, contribute knowledge of the field to define project strategy and contribute to IP filings.
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the Bioconjugate Chemistry group.
- Perform development and optimization of bioconjugation processes through the application established and state-of-the-art methodologies, including hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), size exclusion chromatography (SEC), liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS), ion-exchange (IEX), and reversed phase (RP)-HPLC. Maintain thorough documentation of experimental procedures, writing of reports and technical documents.
- Maintain a safe, pleasant, and efficient working environment.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, protein chemistry or related discipline with a minimum 10+ years of relevant post-doctoral or industrial experience, or an MS with equivalent technical experience in bioconjugation chemistry. Experience in the synthesis of small molecules is preferred.
- Acknowledged as an expert in the field of bioconjugate chemistry. Understands the process of drug development from target identification to initial clinical studies.
- Candidate must have an established track record of scientific contributions in the bioconjugate chemistry, and drug-discovery, space.
- Candidate must demonstrate a thorough understanding of bioconjugate chemistry, with a particular depth related to its application to antibody-drug conjugates.
- Candidate must possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate a thorough understanding of protein chemistry, protein handling, purification, and characterization.
- Candidate must demonstrate hands-on technical proficiency in preparative bioconjugation as well as analytical techniques including hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), size exclusion chromatography (SEC), liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS), ion-exchange (IEX), and reversed phase (RP)-HPLC.
- Candidate should have hands-on experience and comfort working with AKTA FPLCs.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of common preparative purification techniques including FPLC, gel filtration and TFF (UFDF).
- The ability to plan and perform bioconjugation processes on milligram to gram scale; strong laboratory bench skills are required.
- The candidate must be able to independently prioritize own work assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to perform assigned tasks, problem solve, and overcome hurdles through rigorous data collection, technical expertise, and application of various analytical techniques in the laboratory.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.