Associate Scientist/Scientist, Protein Engineering
Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and collaborative individual to join our Protein Engineering team, in the Antibody Engineering and Discovery function. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Primary responsibilities will include molecular biology and testing protein activities in a wide range of assays. The successful candidate should have extensive construct design and molecular biology experience and is expected to function with a high degree of independence while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of new therapies. The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics.
- The successful candidate will design, modify, and clone DNA constructs for expression of antibody, ectodomain and fusion proteins in mammalian expression systems. Provide support for any molecular biology laboratory needs.
- The successful candidate will sequence antibody variable regions from antibody discovery campaigns and perform detailed antibody sequence analysis and provide input on optimization.
- Develop in vitro assays, such as ELISAs and FACS assay, suitable for characterizing drug candidates and reagents from antibody discovery campaigns.
- Design and conduct experiments under limited supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to develop new techniques and procedures to solve problems.
- Maintain thorough documentation of experimental procedures. Analyze, interpret, and organize data independently and effectively communicate results in team meetings.
- Maintain a safe, pleasant, and efficient working environment.
- Collaborate with scientific colleagues across functional disciplines and departments.
- BS biological sciences and 8-10 + year technical research experience or MS degree in biological sciences and 6+ years of technical research experience.
- Excellent molecular biology skills, proficiency in construct design, and experience in DNA cloning required.
- Ability to independently design antibody sequences for cloning into vector, knowledge of CDR regions and antibody domain junctions preferred.
- Experience in assay development for use in binding and activities measurement preferred.
- Ability to run cell binding studies (1-3 color flow cytometry studies) and reporter cell assays preferred.
- Experience with cell culture and antibody modeling is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design experiments and analyze data with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-based environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Excellent communication, organization, record-keeping, attention to detail, and time management skills are required.
- A pro-active, problem-solving, collaborative and goal-oriented mindset.
- Proven ability to communicate experimental procedures and results through project and group team meetings.
- Experience in drug development in the therapeutic areas of cancer immunotherapy, immunology, and/or fibrosis is preferred.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.