Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and collaborative laboratory scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. This position will play a key role in the assessment of therapeutic candidates and their mechanism of action supporting multiple projects. We are seeking an independent individual capable of planning, executing, and interpreting experimental work with limited supervision. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team setting and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Major job responsibilities are focused on laboratory based experimental research and include developing, troubleshooting and executing in vitro assays to assess therapeutic candidates utilizing human, non-human primate and mouse primary cells and cell lines.
- Collaborate with internal functional groups including protein engineering, chemistry, cell sciences, CMC, regulatory, project management and legal teams.
- Prepare assay protocols and reports for internal use and in support of IND filings.
- Regular communication of experimental results at project team meetings.
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of the Discovery Biology group and equipment maintenance in the lab.
- Relevant laboratory-based experience in the biotech industry is required. MS degree with 8+ years of industry experience, or BS degree with 10+ years of industry experience; PhD degree in immunology or related field desirable.
- Experience in drug development in the therapeutic areas of autoimmunity, fibrotic disease, immuno-oncology and/or oncology is preferred.
- Extensive experience performing mammalian tissue culture, primary human cell isolation and characterization, flow cytometry, quantitative qRT-PCR, MSD and ELISA based techniques required.
- Capable of planning, executing, troubleshooting, and interpreting experimental work with limited supervision in a fast-paced team-based environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the execution, principles, and analysis of immune cell-based bioassays.
- Strong scientific documentation skills to support the writing of assay protocols and technical reports for internal documents and regulatory filings.
- Flexible, results oriented and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, timeline-driven environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; provides strong critical thinking and constructive feedback.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal team and external collaborators.
- Strong communication, organization, record keeping, time management, problem-solving, written, and oral presentation skills with attention to detail.
- A strong team player with a passion for science and helping discover and develop novel therapies for unmet medical needs.
Silverback Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leveraging our proprietary ImmunoTAC technology platform to develop systemically delivered, tissue targeted therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, chronic viral infections, and other serious diseases. Our platform enables us to strategically pair linker-payloads that modulate key disease-modifying pathways with monoclonal antibodies directed to specific disease sites. Initially, we are creating a new class of targeted immuno-oncology agents that direct a myeloid cell activator to the tumor microenvironment in solid tumors to promote cancer cell killing. We are located in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.