Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company focused on cancer immunotherapy, is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The available position is for a highly motivated researcher to join the Chemistry group at Silverback Therapeutics. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design of biologically active compounds, planning (and execution) of synthetic routes, and the interpretation of biological results. The candidate will possess an understanding of medicinal chemistry, both its principles and its practice. The candidate will be skilled in the interpretation of data to help inform their strategy and decision making. The candidate will be responsible for the preparation, purification, and characterization of all materials, maintaining clear and current records of their work within a laboratory notebook, and performing all applicable analytical work.
- The ability to plan and perform (multi-step) organic syntheses; strong laboratory bench skills are required.
- Thorough documentation of experimental procedures, writing of reports and technical documents.
- Must maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting. Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Expected to maintain a safe, pleasant and efficient working environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in organic chemistry, with a minimum of 8- or 5-years’ experience, respectively, preferred.
- Experience as a synthetic organic or medicinal chemist in an industry laboratory is preferred.
- Candidates must possess a strong background in the theory and practice of synthetic organic chemistry, possess excellent problem-solving skills, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of synthetic methods and reaction mechanisms.
- Must be able to independently prioritize own work assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to perform assigned tasks through rigorous data collection and applying analytical tests and instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Must have expertise in the purification and characterization of organic compounds using applicable modern techniques.
- Demonstrated excellence in clear cross-functional collaboration and communication in team settings.
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects while managing direct reports.
- Strong oral presentation and written skills.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.