Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company, is seeking a highly-motivated laboratory scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Responsibilities will include in vitro cell-based assays as well as bioanalytical assay design and execution. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in biological sciences, or a related degree.
- 5+ years experience conducting hands-on research in an academic or biotech/pharma setting.
- Strong expertise with techniques including ELISA, MSD-based assays, AlphaLISA, cytokine measurements, multi-parameter flow cytometry and immune cell functional assays.
- Expert in isolating, handling and assaying primary human and mouse immune cell populations.
- Familiarity with developing and qualifying bioanalytical assays preferred.
- Prior experience analyzing PD and PK samples and reporting results preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, immuno-oncology and/or oncology is preferred but not required.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.