Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based biopharmaceutical company focused on immunotherapy, is seeking a highly-motivated laboratory scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. This position will play a key role in the assessment of therapeutic candidates and their mechanism of action supporting multiple projects. Major job responsibilities are focused on laboratory based experimental research and include developing and executing in vitro assays to assess therapeutic candidates utilizing human and mouse primary cells and cell lines. We are seeking an independent individual capable of planning, executing, and interpreting experimental work with limited supervision. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team setting and possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BS biological sciences and 8+ years of technical research experience, or MS degree in biological sciences and 6+ years of technical research experience.
- Extensive experience performing mammalian tissue culture, primary human cell isolation and characterization, flow cytometry, quantitative PCR, MSD and ELISA based techniques required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team-based environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong communication, organization, record keeping, time management, problem-solving, written, and oral presentation skills with attention to detail.
- Experience in drug development in the therapeutic areas of cancer immunotherapy, immunology, and/or fibrosis is preferred.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biopharmaceutical company advancing a pipeline of therapies that are systemically delivered, but locally active and target fundamental disease pathways. Silverback’s ImmunoTAC™ platform enables innovative therapeutic approaches to oncology, virology and fibrotic diseases. Silverback’s lead candidate, SBT6050, is comprised of a potent TLR8 agonist conjugated to a HER2-directed monoclonal antibody, designed for systemic delivery with tumor-localized activation of myeloid cells. Clinical investigation of SBT6050 is expected to begin in 2020. Silverback was founded in 2016. To learn more, visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.